DISTRIBUTION OF FLYERS IN NORTHAMPTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The Northampton School Department will accept literature for distribution through the schools according to the following guidelines:
All Flyers must be approved by the Superintendent of Schools. Upon approval, the Superintendent's Office will notify the schools of the approved flyer. Please send your flyers in both English and Spanish to Tracy Harrity: email@example.com or fax: (413) 587-1318. Questions can be directed by phone: (413) 587-1329.
- Sponsoring agencies must be community, non-profit organizations and the activities themselves must be of educational value.
- Any fees charged must be nominal or arrangements made for scholarships.
- All literature must be translated into Spanish by the sponsoring agency. Lengthy documents may be summarized in a cover letter in Spanish at the discretion of the Superintendent or his/her designee.
- Literature must be collated (into packs of 25) and distributed to schools by the sponsoring agency.
- An outside group’s literature should not be distributed to students during instructional time and, if possible, should not be intermingled with official school notices.
- Non-school literature will only be distributed on one designated day per week. Students should not be compelled to take home or read any such literature.
- All literature must clearly state: “ Northampton Public Schools does not endorse, supervise or participate in the organization distributing this literature”.