School Committee policies concerning student transportation can be found at the following link:
School Committee Policies
| Section E - Support Services Go tp PDF|
Our present school bus contractor - Durham School Services can be reached at 413-529-1131 they are located at 77 Ferry Street Easthampton, MA
Our present Van Company is Van Pool Transportation and they can be reached at 1-888-826-4666 toll free
Rules for School Bus Safety
REMEMBER TO BE OUT WAITING FOR YOUR VAN OR BUS AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE APPROXIMATE PICK UP TIME.
- Wear bright clothes so the bus/ van driver can easily see you
- Line up quickly at the bus stop, without pushing or shoving
- Stay away from the curb or road until the bus driver stops and signals it's safe to get on
- Stay out of the School Bus Danger Zone - that's the area 10 feet around the bus / van on all sides
- Use the handrails to get on and off the bus
- Always listen to your drivers instructions, sit quietly in your seat and use your indoor voice
- Keep aisles clear and put your belongings on your lap sitting completely in the seat.
- Never take out pens or pencils to do your home work
- Eating or drinking on the buses or vans is not allowed do to choking hazards and allergies of students
- Never throw anything inside the bus/ van or out the windows
- Don't stick your head, hands, or legs out the windows
- If you need to cross the street, do so in front of the bus / van -never behind it-and wait until the bus / van driver sees you and wait until the driver gives the all clear sign before crossing.
- Never go back to retrieve anything you may have dropped outside of the bus
- Remember no live animals or objects that can not be kept on your lap can be brought on the bus.
- Skate boards and balls must be kept in a bag for transport. If it they are not in a bag they will not be allowed on the bus.
REMEMBER: School Bus safety depends on all of us!
To learn more about Bus safety and facts please visit the following links:
Fun Facts about School Buses
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Law Pertaining to School Bus Red Lights Violation
American School Bus Council